Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday in the Word.


Psalm 139
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

I think I have shared this Psalm before...and I have a feeling I will share it again. It speaks to me, it whispers sweet nothings to me, it gives me hope and lets me know that I am not going this alone. Ever. May it whisper sweet nothings to you, too, today. xo

4 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Words of comfort - this Psalm springs to mind so often when I'm feeling pressed and down...

Thank you for sharing, once again!

Have a great day, friend!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yeah, because I totally goofed on my comment.

anyways, I love the picture. And the Psalm you shared sure makes me think.

Elaine said...

I love that Psalm. It's one of my very favorites. I love how he knit me together in my mother's womb. He knows my thoughts from afar.

I'm so blessed.

Love!