Friday, August 7, 2009

On your mark, get set, GO!

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with today's entry...I just liked it! Libby and the water pail.
The next two days are going to be quite busy. Today I am taking Ian and my nephew to our nearest amusement park for the day. Then, when we get home, I'm going to do more laundry, mainly bedding, to get Seth's room ready for him to come home tomorrow. My mom and I are going to go pick him up from camp. So I also have to put together a picnic lunch for us for tomorrow. Apparently the kids put on a big concert for the parent's to show us what they learned all week at camp. It's an all day affair...so it should be fun.
I have to be honest...these are the things that can send me into an anxious tizzy. So many things lumped into a small amount of time. But I have to just keep telling myself, "One step at a time. One day at a time. One thing at a time.". If I don't I get a bit overwhelmed...and really, for no reason. I find that once I've actually DONE all that I'm dreading doing, I realize that it wasn't all that bad. And I had plenty of time. And it all worked out. And everyone survived. (Yes, I tend to be a bit dramatic on occasion...what can I say?)
On that note...I'm off to get ready for the day. And yes, I just might ride a few roller coasters!

5 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Love the picture!

It sounds like a busy, busy weekend - I hope its great! What memories...

Anonymous said...

you reminded me of just that a few weeks ago. One day at a time. I know I needed it then. Now apply it for yourself : )

Nancy said...

Power through! You'll make it just fine and come out shining. Enjoy the weekend.

Anonymous said...

We are having a weekend like that and i've had MYself in a tizzy about it all week, but suddenly I have just thought, what the hay? what doesn't get done will be there next week.

we seem to be cramming a lot into these last few weeks of summer.

and i'm sorry but there is no reason needed to post chicken pictures my friend!

Wren said...

Have fun! A chicken named Libby? How perfect is that? She is looking at you with one eyebrow raised, as if to say... onefootinfrontoftheotheronefootinfrontoftheother! : ))