Sunday, August 23, 2009

All done...for now!

Well, here they are...4 quarts of peaches.
I did quart size this time around because those little pints of peaches just left us wanting more.
So seeing as how I'm teaching myself to can, and seeing as how this is only the second summer I've done it, it's still a learning process. And this time I learned to make sure that ALL of the peaches are RIPE before I purchase them. Um, yeah...just about half of the peaches were not ripe. So I only canned half of them which made 4 quarts. I am hoping that the other half will be ripe tomorrow...or Tuesday...and then I can preserve the rest. If they make it that long, that is. I have a feeling they will probably get eaten before that!

5 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Oh, Wow! I surely do miss those California peaches! We used to buy them down the road a ways by the crate. Oh, Yummm!

Nancy said...

The fruits of they labor...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

okay, so i am soooo behind, sorry for posting all at once. so i will respond to both peach posts here.

i am so inspired by what you have been doing! i think that next summer will be my canning summer. i did manage eight jars of jelly this year, but my time seems numbered right now. definitely going on the list for next year and in the meantime thank you so much for sharing your successes.

will probably be boo-hooing this winter.

Wren said...

Just catching up...
Great PEACHES!!! WOW! Gosh, they look wonderful. I never got mine canned, but did get them into the freezer at least. So glad to hear i am not the only one who eats chocolate chips out of the bag...

pinkpeppercorns said...

My mouth watereth over.