Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The new header and a thrifty find...

Ian and I popped into the thrift store yesterday on a whim. I did my usual rounds...furniture, FREE books, books with a price, then back to housewares...my favorite department.
As I scanned the shelves my eye caught the likes of this platter. It's sturdy, thick and old. It's a cream color...and reminds me of a restaurant quality serving piece. I snatched it up and brought it home with me for a mere $1.50. Score!
Some of you have commented on the new header...thank you! I finally figured out a way to make one myself with the software I have. I figured it out on a fluke really...so I felt pretty tricky. It's not exactly right...but it will do as I learn to perfect my technique. The green beans are from my garden...the platter is my thrifty find...and the eggs are local, from my friend's farm. I WISH they were from MY chickens...but not yet. SOON, I tell you. SOON.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, I knew those were not your chicks eggs because I am sure I will hear you shout with joy at your first egg!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your header! it's brilliant.

you all are going to have me up at the flea market barn this weekend i just know it!

Elaine said...

I love platters. I have to be careful of vintage tableware of all kinds! Storage becomes an issue!

I'm with dmoms, too. I knew those weren't your first eggs because I'm counting on the celebration that will come with that first laying!

Wren said...

LOVE your new blog header!!! Thrift stores are the best. For some reason, sifting through the rubble is JUST what I need when my mind is foggy.. Feeling like a need to do some thrifting!

Nancy said...

I like the new header. It's perfect for you.