Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's better to give than to receive.

I love giving gifts. If money weren't an issue I would buy things for people and give random gifts all the time. I am constantly seeing things that I think this person would love or that person could use. I wish I had the means to give as much as I wanted to.
This was a gift for my father in laws wife, Kelly...hence the "K".
It's a coffee mug. But I thought it was cute as a planter. But since there's no drainage...it will eventually be cute as a pencil holder! Or, dare I say, an actual coffee cup!
This basket full of goodies was just presented to my sister in law on Sunday. Please forgive the orange-y yellow of the photo...it was early morning and the sun was pouring through the window and I had a heck of a time with the lighting!
The basket contains some bar mops and some dish towels...a notepad and some sticky notes...and of course, the 4 jars of pickled okra I made the other day. I hope it came out OK. I told her to give it a week...and she said she couldn't wait that long...and that she'd let me know how it came out in a few days. That's fine, too!
Because I am very curious to know! I'll let you know what she says!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous gifts.

Nancy said...

Thoughtful gifts that the receiver appreciated, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

i like the lighting of the picture - I like the gifts even more. you are very thoughtful.

Laura at By the Bushel said...

I'm inspired... :)

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Beautiful, Michelle:-).

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Michelle, I left a note for you over at my blog. Come visit. http://thyhandhathprovided.blogspot.com/2009/08/sisterhood-award.html

Rachel said...

What great gifts! I wandered over here from down-to-earth - what a great blog you have! :-)

Rachel

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I'm sure you made their days...

Molly said...

i think the orangy glow in the picture is perfect! and what a sweet gift. whereabouts in northern california are you? perhaps we're neighbors :)

Anonymous said...

what lovely gifts.

i am the same way, always see a million things i want to give....

i think the light is perfect on your shot, blends just right.