Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday in the Word: Joshua 1:8-9

Joshua 1:8-9
8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

I have an appointment in less than two hours with a counselor at Chapman University. I am going to talk to her about signing up to complete my bachelor's degree. I have all of my lower-division classes completed. Now I need to focus on my major...psychology. When I am done completing my major in...I'm guessing...two years or so...I will then pursue my teaching credential so I can teach special education at the elementary school level.

This all sounds great...looks good on paper, or, er um...the computer screen.

And it is great. Totally great. Exciting and amazing! And I am so blessed to live in a country where this is a possibility for me as a woman. I know this. But I also know that it is terrifying.

But. Yes, BUT. God tells me not to be terrified because He will be with me wherever I go. And I believe that this whole idea of me returning to college to get a degree and become a special ed teacher is of Him. I believe that He led through a year-long process to realize that I need to do this. That I am called to do this. That it is a part of His plan for me. So if He has planned it for me then He has laid out the path for me to follow it. And if He paved the path for me, then He is on it WITH me.

Therefore...I will not be afraid. I will not be discouraged. I will be strong. And courageous. I will walk confidently into the unknown knowing that He is with me and that He is clearing the path with each step of faith I take toward Him and His dreams for me. My dreams that He placed inside of me...the desires of my heart.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

What a lovely post. May the Lord be with you as you meet with the counselor today, giving you peace and calmness and confidence, knowing you are exactly where He wants you to be :) You'll have to report back how it went and tell us when you start classes!

Sheryl said...

you're my hero! pursuing a dream, setting a goal!

guess what verse was the focus in my devotional this morning? yep...Joshua 1:9

think there's something in there for me as well.

Nancy said...

I'll say it again...Hooray for you! So glad you're answering your calling. May the Lord be with you today as you pursue this next step.

Anonymous said...

ditto for me. I have the SAME verse written on my planner today. I kid you not. Be strong Michelle and courageous.

Unknown said...

Good for you!! God will certainly go ahead of where He is calling you to prepare the way!

Elyse said...

HOW EXCITING! Once you get into it, the new routine and challenges will become easier! And you will learn so much and grow so much as a person...it will be wonderful! I am getting my bachelors in human services (which is very similar to psychology program) and i LOVE it!! i think you will too!!

Michelle said...

I went back to school at 40 and it was the best thing I ever did. I know you will do fabulously well.

Unknown said...

Hi ~ Just wanted to say how proud I am of you! I am here to support you in any way I can!

WhiteStone said...

I went back to school at age 40 and finished my BA at age 42, all the while continuing in my 40-hour job. It was grueling but oh, so very rewarding. I'm still glad I did it.

A Friend Across the Miles said...

OOOOOH! OOOOOHHH! OOOOOOHHHHHH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to type, that's how happy I am for you.

I love that God works His plan, to His glory, through us. If I could hug you right now, I would. Consider yourself hugged right through the screen.

~~Camie~~

Elaine said...

Well, how'd it go? I'm so excited and curious!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Your commitment to do better, to use all the gifts you have been given is an inpiration to me.
Oh, and yes, I love your food pictures!!
xx
julie