Saturday, January 9, 2010

and now...

...will the real chicken...
...please...
...stand....up!
At Christmas we decided to play a gift game for the adults. My Aunt Lisa drew a letter from a hat (or something) to decide what letter the gift would begin with. She drew the letter "T". So...each adult had to purchase a gift that began with "T" and cost no more than $10. I bought "tumblers"...even though it said "glasses" on the box. I may have pushed my luck a little...but, that's OK. We're a creative family and everyone understood my thinking! I think...
So the game got started...and each person chose a gift based on the number they drew. I drew number 12...which was a good number because by then the majority of the presents are opened and revealed and you know what you want to steal...or if you want to open a new package.
Well...I decided to steal...I mean, choose this chicken timer. How could I not? My sweet cousin Megan (hi Megan!)opened the present originally...and as soon as I saw it I gasped and she yelled, "NO! You're the only one I worried about for this gift!"
And she had every reason TO worry. I mean seriously...like I'm going to choose truffles or tumblers or a toilet plunger over a chicken timer? No way.
Is it not the cutest thing ever? I love it. And it is so comfy and cozy in my kitchen.
What's funny is that I got the gift my aunt bought, Chris got the gift my uncle bought, my aunt got the gift Chris bought and my uncle got the gift I bought! Great minds, eh? I wonder what the letter is for next year? As fast as time is going...I'll know soon enough!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww... she's darling!! What are you going to name her? Maybe something cute that starts with a "T"?

Tippy
Talula
Trudy
Tic-Toc

I'll keep thinking.

WhiteStone said...

What a cute hen! Ohhh, if I'd been there, I'd have coveted it myself! lol

Anonymous said...

don't talk to me about chickens right now - my red just came up from behind me in the coop and pecked at the back of my knee. twice in a row. I did not deserve it.

i'm liking your timing chicken more and more.

Megan said...

I'm still a little bitter about it... but the Truffles were Tasty... and it does look cuter in your kitchen :)

Nancy said...

She is adorable. You better be glad I wasn't part of this game because seriously, I think I would have chosen her too!

Wren said...

LOVE it!