Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I love to eat healthy...

...most of the time!! And the other times? Well....I like to eat like THIS!
Pork sausage...in a plastic roll...from I don't know where...oh wait, there it is, on the label...San Diego, CA.
Hmmm...not too bad. No. It's not the pig farmer down the lane. But...I don't think I have a pig farmer down the lane...I don't even live on a lane. So...San Diego it is.
And check this out....Grands biscuits...from a can...
...full of bad things that taste so good...
Aren't they cute on the baking sheet? They look innocent enough, don't they? So deceiving....

Yeah...I don't always do so well in the healthy food department. Every once in a while a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...and every once in a while, that means...she needs to make Biscuits and Gravy.

And while I'm at it...why not fry up a few eggs to go with it? Fresh, local eggs, baby...right from my own backyard. Does that level things out a bit? Kind of? A little? Are your arteries clogging just reading about it?
I have to say...it was quite tasty. And I will also say that the sausage didn't provide much grease to turn into gravy. I was surprised. But then relieved. I basically made the gravy from brown bits on the bottom of the pan loosened up with a bit of water...then added the flour and the milk.
And just to round things out a bit...we had applesauce on the side. You know...for some green on the plate. Sort of. And we all know how well apple goes with pork...remember Peter Brady? Oh gosh...I can never say pork chops without adding "pork chops and applesauce" Peter Brady style...it's engrained in my brain. Forever.
And the biscuits and gravy? Engrained on my thighs. Forever.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Do NOT show my husband this meal! He would give his right arm for pork sausage, biscuits, and gravy! I have noticed that whenever we eat out, he gets something like this.

(Secretly: YUM!)

Conny said...

Biscuits and gravy go down waaaay too easy. :>) Yours look great! I think they're always better at home.

Erin Wallace said...

Oh - biscuits and gravy!!! MMMmmm. We're having shredded bbq beef tonight, so I'm not doing much better!

Unknown said...

You are toooooo funny, girlie! Why wasn't I called over for bisquits and gravy?

Anonymous said...

now i completely understand your 365 photo!!!

i think i might have just peed my pants laughing so hard.

my thighs are wearing a bag of potato chips from last night. i swear i can feel the difference today. PMS blows healthy eating out the water.

Now I couldn't do the pork in a roll, but I totally get the biscuit thing. sometimes one just has to give a little.

Thomas said...

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! hahaha...that stuff will last you through the day...or put you to sleep.

ImplausibleYarn said...

mmm... so good and yet...so bad! Thanks for the inspiration on what I'm going to have on my next "bad" meal!

Nancy said...

Definitely a comfort meal in my book! And, my mother always served applesauce with pork chops!

sarah said...

yum! you know me :)

My grandpa used to fry those biscuits and make donuts... you should give it a try if you haven't.. sooo good.

Kelly said...

We all need to naughty every now and again. :)

Kimberly said...

ha! same here on the bobby brady thing