Sunday, January 3, 2010

Staying organized.

I wanted to share my new planner and daily notepad that I'm going to use this year to stay organized and on track.
It fits quite nicely atop my newly organized mail-center.
Here's the planner.
I purchased it on sale, PLUS with my employee discount, for around $5 at my job at the bookstore.

It's got a whole page per day with time slots every half hour from 7am until 8pm. I'm thinking those times are reasonable! It's got bible verses as well as a bit of a devotional for each day. That was one of the reasons I chose this particular planner.
The second main reason I chose this planner was because it has a "Budget" page at the beginning of each month.
I have to be honest...this is not something I was planning to do...a budget, that is. But I took this as a big hint that I needed to work on our budget. And this would be a great way to get started. Notice it's empty. Ahem. Not to worry...it's only the 3rd of the month! I figure this whole budget thing is going to take a while to figure out. I hope to have a better report in a month or two!
I also found this daily notepad at the dollar store right before Christmas. And I'm loving it!
It's got "to-do" slots...and little boxes to check off once it's been DONE.
It's got a daily quote...

A daily word and definition...
And a bit of trivia. Not pictured are the names of well-known people born on that particular day. Kinda fun!
So far I'm excited about getting organized. This planner and notepad set-up is not the exact idea I had in my mind when searching for the best way to stay organized. My creative side needed the planner to be aesthetically pleasing. My collector side needed it to have pockets and pouches. And my perfectionist side said, "none of these will do!". But I had to quiet her down because she tends to ruin everything. She gets in the way of getting something started...because if I can't do something perfectly, then she talks me out of doing anything at all.
So...in the end I was able to shut her up and get a start with something that is "better than nothing". She's not happy with me at the moment...but that's OK. She'll get over it...
In the meantime, I need to go fill in some time slots and write down due dates for my bills! This is going to be a good thing...

12 comments:

Laura at By the Bushel said...

Love the new years updated look!
Beautiful daytimer! so nice, love the green leather, and all the pretty pages to be so efficient-
Happy new year! Laura

Unknown said...

The planner is LOVELY! How come I can't ever find one that cute when I need one? The half hour time slots are great for really marking your time and understanding how to stay on track. It may be hard at first, but you may find you really like it.

I'm so happy for you! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I like it. It is hard to find a planner that is just perfect.

Tammy said...

Snap, my blog post was about the same thing today! Your planner looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Good for you on pulling it all together! So organized! Awesome!

Nancy said...

Love the planner and that notepad. I'm going to check our dollar store for a notepad like that...
Good for you for getting it all together!

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I love the calendar and planner. The Dollar Store? Wow. Love scores like that, too.

Does the planner have a "blog-time" space? They may want to consider that...

~~Camie~~

sarah said...

cheers to you for such organization. i love it! it is a good time of year for sorting and organizing and cleaning... we are doing the same here.

Wren said...

Nice! I am trying to go paperless, but it isn't going so well. For some reason I can't function unless I can "SEE" it all on one page. Tend to re-write my planner a couple times a year too.. What can I say. Love your planner!

Erin Wallace said...

The planner is so nice, with all the added features, too! I quit buying expensive ones because around March I usually quit using them. So good luck to you on your organization and perhaps you can be my inspiration!

Anonymous said...

just bought my planner/journal tonight. it's been so hard to find the right one....

did i mention that i love your new header!

Levitra said...

Thanks