Friday, January 22, 2010

the soup.

This is the soup I made yesterday. I used leftover roasted vegetables...tossed them in a pot, added chicken broth and water, a little extra salt, a little bit of thyme...and simmered to let the flavors marry. (Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a Food Network star...)
Once the flavors were well acquainted I took the mixture off the heat. Then I really got the relationship going with my immersion blender. I mashed up those veggies real good...until the soup became a nice creamy consistency. And then I cracked a bit more pepper on top...because I love pepper.
Then...I took pictures! Ahhh...the life of a blogger...fresh photos and cold soup!
And...it was OK. Yes...just OK.
The night before when I roasted all of those veggies I also roasted some garlic cloves. Which is good...I like roasted garlic. But I don't like a LOT of it...and it was just too much for that amount of vegetables. So it was just OK. Edible. But next time? Less garlic...if any at all.

10 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I betcha I would have liked it. lol

I did the same this week...tried a new dish...sauteed every veggie I brought home from the farmers market (including baby garlic), then tossed in some egg (cross between an omelet and scrambled). It was pretty decent and filling. I enjoyed it but I'm not certain anyone else would have. lol

Unknown said...

I looks great! I've made some soups like this with a single vegetable, but not several. Your idea to use left overs this way is ingenious! If it needs more zip next time, add a little grated parmesan cheese on top! (Seriously, can you have too much cheese?)

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Looks yummy, nice work:-). It sounds like you have one, but I'll mention for your reader-friends that I'm giving away two hand blenders this week. Now we can all make yummy soups like Michelle:-).

http://thyhandhathprovided.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-favorite-kitchen-tool-and-giveaway.html

Patricia said...

It looks delicious!
It looks like apple sauce ;)

Laura at By the Bushel said...

heading to 'thy hand' for an immersion blender post! that soup looks divine! I love soup. I could eat it every season, every day. Nice picts, worth the cold soup.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Love anything garlic, this looks really good.
hehe... food network star.

Anonymous said...

remember the scones i made earlier in the week - yeah, they were just okay too. actually, after we each had one - the rest went too the chickens : )

cold soup is no good!

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Yes, please sound like a Food Network star...sounds delish!

:)Lisa

pinkpeppercorns said...

That looks so nummy! I didn't think there was such a thing as too much garlic.

Susan said...

I made a soup almost just like this last week (!)...must be one of those cosmic waves coming through. (hehe).