Saturday, January 16, 2010

another Saturday...

It's Saturday morning at 9am...and I'm up, showered and almost ready to go.
This morning I will attend the funeral service of a dear friend's husband. He died last week...unexpectedly. He was in his late 40's...too young.
Later, I will return home only to freshen up and turn right back around and head to church...where I will be singing in our CHOIR. Yes. You read that right. Me. Singing. In the choir.
What? What's that you say? You didn't know that I sang? Well...how about this?
I DON'T.
I think I can. I wish I could. I actually sound really good when I'm in my car, by myself, with the music turned up really loud. So when our friend Jonathan comes to visit and directs this particular choir for special occasions at our church, like Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday...he has a way of making me almost believe that I can sing.
But I can't. And I actually think that I throw the people off who can carry a tune. But they're nice to me. And make me believe I'm a part of it all. Even though I probably shouldn't be. And they have to plug one ear when I'm next to them.
But I do it anyway. Because it's fun.
Wish me luck....mi, mi, mi, miiiiiii....
Oh, sorry. I'm just getting my warm-ups in....anyone have any tea with honey? I really need to loosen up my vocal chords....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! i would be petrified, stage fright! i bet you sound better than you think:)

Anonymous said...

what else are you not telling us? singing in the choir - awesome!

WhiteStone said...

Well, that was a giggle! I love to sing, too, and am always self-conscious when I sing alongside someone who can "really" sing. lol

Nancy said...

God doesn't care if you can carry a tune, he just likes it when we sing for him! Have fun:0)

Wren said...

Have fun!! Drink tea with LOTS of honey.. : )))

Unknown said...

I really need to leave this comment somewhere, so I guess this is just as good as anyplace...

Michelle, your still life photos of fruits and veggies is outstanding!! You really need to sell some of these. Have you thought about turning some of these photos into canvas art? I think the Costco photo shop does this - you could give a try and see how one looks.

Unknown said...

Caught my own grammar mistake - should have written "... your still life photos of fruits and veggies ARE outstanding." (Probably more that I don't even realize - scary thought!)