Friday, January 8, 2010

on my way...

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. ~ Diane Arbus
I came back to clarify...some seem to think I'm going somewhere. And I am. But only metaphorically. There won't be any weekend getaways for a while. We have a business to focus on and finances to coddle.
No...I'm not going anywhere physically. But this quote made me think of my journey...and where I'm headed. And I'm still pumping myself up about school...trying to stay excited and positive. And not terrified and discouraged. If I think about it too much...the work load, the nights away from home, the papers, the senior project!...I tend to want to wimp out. So...instead I think of the goal. The end result. Keep my eye on the prize. And look forward to going somewhere I've never been...the college graduate club. I can't wait.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

takin' a little road trip? fun thing for a weekend.

Kelly said...

Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

yes, I love the picture too. you can do this Michelle. the big picture is overwhelming so you need to break it down - one thing at a time.

Unknown said...

You Go Girl!!!!

Unknown said...

working on keeping the positives in the fore front of your mind is going to help you stay on track.
Don't get overwhemled! You can do this and you are right, it is a good thing for your whole family. :-)

Erin Wallace said...

Great picture, and still so proud of and for you!

sarah said...

I cheer you on as you follow your dream. It will be just a flash and you will be at your desk with your lesson plans and apple :) You will make the best teacher Mrs. M