Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday in the Word.

Birdhouse Gourd tendril. I love tendrils.
“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”- Colossians 3:13.

I have to be painfully honest. I didn't have a scripture to share with you this morning. So I decided to go to BibleGateway.com to see what their "verse of the day" might be. And wouldn't you know it...THIS was the verse. And wouldn't you know it...this is NOT what I wanted to hear today. But exactly what I needed to hear. Isn't that just like God? I am so not in the mood to forgive. Not at all. Not today. Not yet. But, like love, forgiveness is not dependent on a mood. It's dependent on obedience...and action. We have to put these things into practice...do them regardless of how we feel.
And for me, this is so much easier said than done. Because lately I feel (there's that word again...) like people are coming against me. And it's hurtful.
So forgiveness? I know I need to. But I'm just not ready quite yet. I don't really feel like it.
But I'll work on it...

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you. Like you, not what I wanted to hear but needed to hear. I've been having negative feelings toward some co-volunteers that I work with....I need to getover it, forgive and move on.

Funny how God works, isn't it?

WhiteStone said...

Thanks for today's verse! Probably a co-verse would be "Pray for those who persecute you." It's funny how praying for someone changes your whole perspective. (quiet smile)

Wren said...

Your picture goes well with your verse. Wishing you peace..

Michelle said...

While I agree, I don't think God would mind if you don't forgive them all at once. :::hug:::

Elaine said...

Unforgiveness. Not good for your skin. Could cause wrinkles. Or gingivitis.

Does that make it easier? I didn't think so.

Breathe deep. God is over all. HIS plans can't be overcome.

Father God, we praise you for that.

Love!

Anonymous said...

I mad that someone upset you! How dare them!!

my husband is so good about forgiving others. I learn from him. He never holds grudges either. big jerk.

Anonymous said...

it's a little like remembering that God sends all these obstacles our way to teach us patience and mindfulness. that's my big area.

i did forgiveness last year in a big way and let me tell you mama, it's one of the biggies.