Friday, June 19, 2009

I just had to share.

First of all, I just had to share this...a birdhouse gourd blossom. Isn't it beautiful? It's so lacy and frilly and delicate. The plant is FULL of little buds...tons of them! And, if I'm observing well, they seem to bloom in the evening and then are withered and discolored by the next morning.
Just that fast...they've come and gone and done they're job. Beautifully.
But beautiful blossoms aside, I also had to share what God shared with me in my quiet time this morning. Even though I only share scripture with you once a week, I do my best to read my bible and write in my prayer journal daily. No, I don't always succeed. Sometimes I oversleep. Or get distracted first thing. But more often than not I wake up early while the rest of the house is asleep...I fix myself a cup of coffee...and I sit in the quiet with God. And as I write my thoughts and read His word, He guides me to the words He wants me to hear. And today...this is what He was saying to me...

Psalm 46:5

5 God is within her, she will not fall;

God will help her at break of day.

Or...if I may be so bold: God is within ME, I will not fall; God will help ME at the break of day. Amen! If God is for me, who can be against me?
And just for fun...put YOUR name in place of the bold words...God is within _______, _______ will not fall; God will help _______ at the break of day. And Amen to that, too! If God is for YOU, who can be against YOU?
Walk in victory today...God is within you. xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is right. AMEN.

I am going to start a prayer journal. This week, I have been reading my Bible before sleep. I always used my time driving to work to pray so I am going to need to start finding a new time for that - although I know fair well I can do it all day long : )

Nancy said...

Thank you dear friend. I needed that. Always good to know that God is on my team!