Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday in the Word.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Today is a new day. A chance for a fresh start. The sun is shining and the air is crisp. My heater works and my kids are safe and sound in their beds (after a lock-in at church last night...they got NO SLEEP!) snoring away. I have amazing family that loves me...and shows it. (Thank you, Aunt Lisa and Matt...your help yesterday was a blessing!)
My devotion this morning talked about giving thanks to God throughout the day. That if we are busy thanking God all day...in all circumstances...then our thoughts are focused on gratitude and not the trials. It makes sense...now let's see if I can apply it.
Lord, I pray you help me keep my mind focused on You and not the troubles. Thank you for caring for me...for providing for me...for loving me...for having my best interest at heart always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blessings to you Michelle on this Thanksgiving.

WhiteStone said...

I am indeed being joyful today. Finished my chemo in July and I am so grateful to our Lord that I am able to host family at our house for Thanksgiving.