Saturday, November 28, 2009

photo challenge: environmentals

I don't know if animals are included...but since Reggie is part of our family...I included him!
As with many dogs...here he is, doing what he does best...napping!

Next is my husband. This is not the environment where he spends most of his time.

But it IS the environment where he is most himself...Yosemite.

My oldest son...Seth.

This photo encompasses many things that are important to him in life...bass, baseball, long-boarding. This photo is "him".

And Ian...his hands.
Always busy, always tinkering, always building and engineering.

Last but not least...me. My chair. And a pile of books and magazines borrowed from the library. The pile includes a little bit of everything I love...sewing, crafting, gardening, decorating, cooking, simplifying, sustaining, preserving. It's all there in that little pile.
What you can't see just to the right is my bible study pile...my bible, a devotional, my prayer journal...it's all there...right by my chair. One of my favorite spots in our home.

This was another fun photo project...thanks to Carolyn at rosenotes for hosting this challenge! Click here to see who else played along!

10 comments:

Leroy Parker said...

Seems many of us included books in our self-portrait- I couldn't live without them. Your Yosemite photo is stunning. The tinkering hands are too.

farmama sara said...

Wow! I agree with Carolyn....that Yosemite photo is stunning! ....all of your portraits are great! I would love to hear your son play that bass....my sons are musicians too!

Patricia said...

Wow, Yosemite is BEAUTIFUL!!
Here we have also a bass and many books. Happy Sunday :)

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

I love the idea that someplace else is a big part of who someone is, even if they are not there all the time...because it is very true. I hope your shop move went smoothly.

:)Lisa

anmarie said...

Your photos are really nice. I feel like I now know something about you and your family...and wasn't that the idea!

Neuroknitter said...

Wonderful images! Ditto the awesomeness of the Yosemite capture! I love the hands image...very telling!

Nice work!!

Gail

Anonymous said...

loving on your pictures. might have to play along next time. I love me a good challenge.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Your images are so great...really get a sense of your family and what is important to them.
I love you included your dog. Very creative and clever compostions and such thoughtful details and perspectives that you included.
Have a great week.

sarah said...

Michelle,
I love that you put Reggie in, what a great idea.
Your photos say alot about the wonderful person you are.. and now we get to meet your family too. Very special. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you next week too.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

i love these michelle! they really capture you guys.

i love the close up on the dogs paws!

i can just tell by these photos that you have amazing boys!

and it is funny how so many of us posted books!