Friday, November 20, 2009

Life's rough.

Going through a rough patch. Not a lot to say. At least not anything interesting...or nice. The stresses of life are getting to me...heavy. I've been trying to keep my head up. Trying to stay positive. And strong. Trying. Trying. Trying.
Last night...it all hit me. And it wasn't pretty. Then God gave me this...
2 Corinthians 4:6-9
6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

10 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

It looks as if you've already found the best advice there is.... Thinking of you.

WhiteStone said...

As my friend Debby tells me, 'put down your head and push on through' the tough spots in life.
Bless you.

Anonymous said...

I just recently copied this version of Jeremiah 29:11 down on a post it and it is here in front of me at the computer:

I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out. Plans to take care of you not abandon you. Plants to give you the future you hope for.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

oops, plans not plants : )

funny though.

Unknown said...

Ann Voskamp must be going through the same thing this week. You'll appreciate her post over at aholyexperience.com titled "When You're Just A Tad Overwhelmed".

Praying for you this evening!

Dave said...

Well said.

Dave said...

You know 'Dave' is really me, Linda. I don't have a gmail account so it always comes up as if I'm Dave! But really it is me, Linda. And I love your blog. You are a kindred spirit. Linda

Nancy said...

Will be praying for you. May you find a peaceful weekend ahead of you.

XO

Wren said...

Keeping you close in my heart dear friend. ..
::hugs::

Dionna said...

I love when God gives me a verse tailored to me just when I need it most!