Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday in the Word.

{at the beach last summer}
Micah 7:18-19
18 Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.

19 You will again have compassion on us;
you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Isn't that so like God? To just hurl our iniquities into the sea? He is so good. Hey...wait...what's an iniquity, anyway? Well, according to Dictionary.com an iniquity is a wicked act...a sin. Sometimes this bible talk really throws me! Why couldn't Micah just say that?

Anyway...on a serious note...it IS just like God to hurl our sins into the sea. It IS just like God to forgive us...to have compassion on us...to delight in us...to show mercy on us. Don't you just love that word "delight"? I have really grown to love it. Delight. Do you know the definition of delight? It means "to give great pleasure, satisfaction, or enjoyment to; please highly."
I love it because several times in the bible it refers to how God feels about me. God does not demand that we take delight in Him. Although, I'm sure He loves it when we do. He did create us to love Him, after all. But He doesn't demand that we delight in Him. Rather, He is telling us that He delights in us. He delights to show mercy...He rescues us because He delights in us...we are His delight.
And because of this...because of how much God loves us and delights in us, no matter where we are in our walk with Him...He forgives our sins and remembers them no more. Once He forgives our sins they are at the bottom of the ocean floor...never to be remembered again.
Imagine that! Really. See it in your mind. Imagine all of your wrong doings gone...hurled into the ocean by God Himself...not tossed, not just thrown, but hurled...and they sink deeper and deeper, further and further away from you...no longer attached to who you are. Gone. Done. Forgiven. Forgotten. Amen.
He rescued me because he delighted in me...he brought me out into a spacious place {so that I could breathe again}...allow God to hurl your sins into the depths of the sea. Allow Him to delight in you...you won't regret it. I promise.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Michelle..what a glorious thing...I love the truth that they are not attached to who we are anymore! That is one the enemy tends to use on me! I am no longer defined by my sinful nature but by my redeemed nature....oh yes, He delights in me. Unbridled joy!!
Thanks for Wednesdays in the word...

christina said...

i am imagining the sea... how beautiful. He is so incredibly good to me.

i adore this post.

and even more so, because my son's name is Micah. He has an old soul, to match the old testament. : )
thank you!

vintage girl at heart said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I recieved my set of notcards yesterday and just feel so Blessed to own a set of your wonderful photography cards. They are very special to me and I plan to frame them as art in my kitchen or dining room.
Blessings~

Kelly said...

Great post!