Monday, March 29, 2010

Good finds on a good weekend.

Ian and I stopped at a yard sale on Saturday. I couldn't resist. I ended up finding this box of ribbon...satin and grosgrain..."How much for the ribbon?" "Oh...you can have the whole box for a dollar."
As you can see...it came home with me.
I also dug through boxes and boxes of self-help books and diet books and cookbooks. This little "Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbook" caught my eye...I liked the graphics. And it was only a quarter.
And the biscuit cutters (that I've been wanting for a long time) were 50 cents. I got another book on nutrition for a quarter, too. A handful of treasures for two bucks! Not bad, eh?

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH! Not bad at all! What wonderful finds! Those bisquit cutters look like they are in good shape. And the ribbon.....like a treasure trove!

WhiteStone said...

Ohhh! I'm soooo waiting for garage sale season. And If I'd seen the biscuit cutters first, you'd have been without. LOL

Kelly said...

Glad you had fun, and what good stuff!

Unknown said...

I've decided that some people have a special blessing over them to find things at garage sales. Apparently you are part of that blessed group! These are terrific finds! Enjoy them!

Nancy said...

Love your finds. Looks like treasures to me!

T said...

Oooohh, I love the biscuit cutters! What a score. I can't wait until yard sale season up here! (Still a little early for that in Montana.)

Conny said...

Great finds! I know you can use the ribbons (and at a great price) because you'd got that creative streak - particularly thinking of the clothespin dolls you make. Now they can have a Spring wardrobe. :>)

Anonymous said...

ooo, these are good finds. i bet that cookbook is cool! i have some of those biscuit cutters and they come in handy for lots of stuff:)

Vintage Girl said...

Great treasures, don't you love it when you find just the right thing....I would have had heart palpitations at the sight of that box of ribbon....awesome!! I found your blog yesterday and spent quite some time visiting, love your posts! Blessings, Heather