Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ever heard of a Blogging Bee?

Well, I hadn't either! Not until my friend Amy started one over at her blog, Homestead Revival.
Amy is a wealth of information when it comes to home keeping, clean living, organic food, making from scratch...and then some. Her blog is beautiful...her information is valuable...her spirit is sweet.
So here goes..a few posts that really struck home with me...my contribution to the patchwork of the Blogging Bee.
The Simple Wife talked about insecurity and trusting God earlier in the week and it really spoke right to me. Getting ready for Belgium, I'm already struggling with the same issues. But between her post and being more diligent about spending time with God each morning, I'm focusing more on what I can do through Him.
Rachel at Small Notebook posted about finding freedom in routine...mainly in the area of keeping a home. This is an area I struggle with...I just don't like to clean all.the.time. I wish I did! But I don't. Rachel talked about, among other things, taking two hours each Monday to give her house a once over...to just knock it out...get it done...get it over with. Now this is a "routine" I think I can adopt.
How about you? Care to share something valuable you learned? Visit Amy's blog...join the Bee. (It wasn't as confusing as I thought it was going to be!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You got it! Very nice! Thanks so much for participating in the Bee. I had read the Small Notebook post, but not the Simple Wife. I'll have to check it out.

ain't for city gals said...

I'm kind of on the fence on this one...I just keep thinking there has to be something else besides cleaning...sometimes I just want to run away from it all...like my grandmother used to say.."Why wash the dishes....they are just going to get dirty again"!

Kelly Cook said...

Thanks for admitting that you really don't like to clean. I don't either and sometimes wonder if I missed that day at school or something! Going to check out the blogs from your bee.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

I don't like to clean but I find that if I just do a few basic things, it makes all the difference. Today it was dusting, vacuuming and cleaning the toilets. And, I try to have a clean kitchen at the end of every day. That in and of itself makes a huge difference for me.

Rachel said...

Thanks so much Michelle, I'm really honored. I was glad to read about your upcoming Belgium trip!

Anonymous said...

you know i love this blog too, she has so much great information. but as far as being a house cleaning perfect girl, i am not. i need to have a clean house or i just don't function well, but you know what. it would be easy cheese if i was home every day. i just can't do it when i have to go off to work everyday. i do well just to get breakfast, clean clothes and the lunches made. we just have to do what we can do and let the rest go, sigh, not easy though is it.