Sunday, March 21, 2010

Crazy!

These are the crazy bean poles Ian installed for me last weekend. They're trimming from our obnoxious pecan tree. They're organic...and we're using what we have and being creative. And recycling. Good in so many ways...I love them. And I think they are going to look really fun with beans twining themselves all over the place!
That is if I get them planted! I can't believe it's already 2 o'clock. Where has the time gone today? That's what happens when you sleep until 8:15. And I'd have slept later but Chris came in and woke me up. We didn't go to church today...instead we lazed around and sipped coffee...let Seth sleep in until TEN...and had a quiet morning. It was nice. And necessary.
Chris eventually went to the shop to get some stuff started for the week. Ian slept over at my brother's house last night and is still there playing with my nephew. Seth just left a bit ago to go long-boarding with his friend. And here I am...supposed to be planting seeds but on the computer instead. I'll get out there. I will. But for now...a cool diet coke...the distant sound of a neighbor's lawn mower and a quiet house is kind of nice. I think I'll savor it for just a bit longer...

**Edit** I got some seeds in the ground! Cucumbers, sunflowers, nasturtiums, zucchini, yellow squash and yellow watermelon. I planted the melon seeds on a whim. I was going to plant more zucchini in that particular spot but saw those melon seeds and thought, "Why not?!". So in the ground they went. Next weekend? Beans and peas!



9 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Wonderful view of your bean poles there Michelle. I like the organic look.
Nothing like the quiet of a Sunday morning. I hope you had a restful day.

Brian, Erin, Caleb, and Connor said...

I love them! They are going to be so whimsical with vines wending their way up.

Anonymous said...

so proud of you! it is raining here today. me staying inside : )

Rebecca said...

Those are great, I may do something similar this year! I need more trellising for my pole beans and it would be nice to use found objects rather than buying more supplies from the hardware store.

Erin Wallace said...

My grandfather always did poles like that - love them! I can't wait to see your garden as it evolves.

Thomas said...

This is really awesome. I have to remind myself to look for nature's gifts before spending money at the hardware store. Also, I think these homemade poles look so much more attractive and whimsical than the plastic green ones available commercially.

Kelly said...

A quiet house is so precious when you know the noise of the ones you love will be returning soon enough, isn't it?

You had a productive day of sowing, let the fun begin! :)

Em said...

VERY cool poles! I'm glad you got the seeds in, sounds like a fun year of growing. Good luck little seeds!

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see the poles when they're full of veggies! You got so much planted. Good for you. We had snow again over the weekend. It's melted now and sunny. Hope we don't get anymore white stuff.