Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Tuesday...again.

photo credits...I love gray and brown.
It's November 1. The temperature is dropping and a cool breeze is blowing. The tomato plants are officially spent and the broccoli and chard starts are patiently awaiting planting. The leaves are beginning to turn and fall to the ground...such a pretty mess, isn't it? It was so chilly Friday morning I decided to turn the heater on for the first time. I love that smell...what is it, anyway? Dust and webs burning off? Whatever it is...I like it.

This is a busy week. (Is this anything new?) Last night was Halloween. Tonight is class. Tomorrow night I'm going to San Francisco for a women's gathering with a small group of women from the new church we've been attending. Thursday night (I think...maybe Friday?) I'm helping my mom wrap things up at Papa's house. His house sold, so we're holding an estate sale on Saturday. And I'm helping with that, too.

Somewhere in the midst of all of that I have to do homework. And lots of it. This new online class I'm taking is demanding and time-consuming. As is the creative writing class. Lots of writing. Lots of reading. Lots of work. And then, of course, there's bringing home the bacon, frying it up in the pan and never, ever, ever...well, you know the rest.

Even still, in the blur of it all...with the busy-ness and craziness and constant go, go, go...I am grateful. I am blessed. And I continue to see God's hand in every bit of it, every day.

2 comments:

teekaroo said...

A lovely post today. I too am busy, busy, but thankful for it. Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

awesome. i noticed your side bar picture too. i like it.