Saturday, November 19, 2011

Off to a good start...

Welp...today is the first day of a whole week off. I have to say...this time of rest is much needed. I've been under the weather for about a week with one ailment or another...and I'm tired. Tired of being under the weather! But maybe this just means I'm getting all of the flu bugs at once...getting them out of the way...and then I can be healthy the rest of the winter...yeah? Sounds good to me...

It's 10am and I'm still in my pj's...so far the day is going according to plan. (wink) I've got a load of laundry going, also in the plan, and I'm getting ready to shower, figure out something for dinner, then do homework in between laundry and...life.

I have no idea what the boys have going today...it's the first day of vacation so I don't have a problem with whatever plans they make so long as it doesn't include me going anywhere. We'll see how that pans out...

Oh...and the mealy, weird texture in my soup the other day? The potatoes! Thank you Corinne and Kym for telling me...now I know to use a different kind of potato next time. Thank you ladies!

OK...I'm hungry...and I need a shower. So I better do a little more than sit here and think about my to-do list. Oh...and Thanksgiving. I can't stop thinking about Thanksgiving...have I mentioned that it's my favorite holiday? Oh...what? A Just a time or two? Or seven? I can't help it...I love this time of year.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love these post. i feel like i am sitting in your kitchen - chatting with you.

i have trained a client, walked the dog, watched a soccer game (it is cold here - 33 today!) and now i am home. hoooray

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

I adore the quote at the top of your blog. Happy T Day!
xx
julie

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I'm looking forward to my week off, too (once I can shake this headache that's taken over my Saturday). We're taking the whole week off school, so I plan to do some grading and have the kids help me go through their toys, games and books with the goal of donating a lot/making room for the Christmas presents coming next month. I hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elyse said...

Hello friend!! I love being able to come to your blog anytime and feel like i am sitting in your kitchen sharing a cup of coffee. :) you inspire me.

hey i changed my blog address, so please do come and visit me here: http://thisoursacredlife.blogspot.com

xoxoxo

Wren said...

Have a fantastic week off!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!