Monday, November 7, 2011

focusing on the good...

Oh to be Pablo...he's got the life I tell ya.
It's feeling like a good day to focus on the good. Not because I'm feeling negative...but rather I am feeling grateful. So...here goes...my list of good things...
  • I do believe that winter has arrived...I love winter.
  • It's been cold and rainy here all weekend...and I am loving it!
  • Warm sweats and an oversize sweater.
  • Eating food my hubby cooked...he's the master at cooking breakfast.
  • Doing a few loads of laundry in between assignments...gotta love online classes. Seriously...I love them. It's worth the cost of convenience. (I say as I have yet to pay back student loans...ahem.)
  • The heater works. And I am grateful. There was a time when it did not. So I do not take it for granted.
  • Feeling blessed to have found a good church full of good people. Not perfect people. Or people who pretend to be perfect. But real and good people. It's refreshing.
  • Dinner out with my family. We stopped and got burgers on the way home from church last night...really good burgers. Then we drove home, stuffed to the gills, laughing about I don't even remember what and arguing over who gets the bathroom first! Gotta love free refills! (Sometimes it pays to be the only girl in the house.)
  • I'm loving my spiffed up kitchen...yes, yes, pictures are coming...soon!
  • I am so grateful for a job that fits my school schedule perfectly...and not only is the job perfect but the people I work with are very cool. Yes, it's temporary. But that's OK...I'm trusting God fully with this whole work/school situation. He knows what I need and will provide it all...I need only trust Him.
  • Speaking of work...it's a 4 day work week...that's always nice.
  • A family-filled weekend...I have an amazing family.
  • Hot showers.
  • Knowing that I am moving in the right direction...there is such peace in that.
OK...your turn. What's on your good list?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the wonderful day I had yesterday ending with seeing the biggest smile on my sons face when we walked into church.

it is still melting my heart.

love your list too. still in awe on how you are doing it all. love the peace that you have.

Kelly Cook said...

I am simply grateful that God doesn't give up on me!

Jennifer said...

i think that knowing you are heading in the right direction makes it so much easier to enjoy everything else doesn't it.

so glad you have so much to be grateful for these days!!

i'm grateful for your kind words!

xoxo