Friday, November 11, 2011

amazing what you come across when you're not doing what you're supposed to be doing...


It's Friday night...I'm watching Pride and Prejudice and sipping earl grey. I should be writing...but for whatever reason I am stalling...maybe because I'm distracted by P&P? It is a beautiful movie...I always get distracted during movies by the set design. I think it would be so cool to be a set designer...don't you think?

So I've been poking around on the internet today...

I made that photo mosaic up there...that was a good use of time, eh? Yes, yes...very important, indeed. (P&P is wearing off on me...)

I joined a cool site for writers...Writing Our Way Home. I'm pretty sure Jen led me to it months ago...and I am only now feeling confident enough to poke around and maybe join a group or two. I have yet to share any poems with anyone...only in class, so far. I'm working up my nerve...it's a bit intimidating.

And who knew making lotion was so easy? I can't wait to give this a try. I am very picky about lotions...always trying to find the perfect one. Maybe this will be it...*fingers crossed*.

I'm thankful for Veteran's...especially my family members. We watched a really good documentary this morning...The Conscientious Objector...the story of Desmond Doss, a WWII soldier with an amazing story. You could probably find the whole thing at the library...or maybe Netflix? It was good...a bit of a tear-jerker.

And now that I've stalled long enough...I am going to open a Word .doc and write. Write, write, write.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure have a way of putting photos together. hope you made some progress on your writing!

teekaroo said...

It's just hard to write when you don't feel the inspiration. Which P&P version, long or short? :)

Wren said...

Your blog space is so lovely. Hope the words came to you! Making lotion..gosh I did that once years ago. I read something recently about making sure you get organic beeswax - or wax that wasn't hives that had chemical treatments. We do treat our bees for mites, so I won't be making any lip balm..
: ))

Jennifer said...

i am in love with all these photos.

i just printed out Fiona's "How to Write Your Way Home" from the website, it's free. I can't wait to dig into it tonight.

I think that little bird in the bottom corner of your mosaic is my favorite this is what i imagine she is saying with that little beak open like that.

"bill, come here, you won't believe what the neighbors are doing..."