Thursday, November 3, 2011

changing things up...


I made a new header. It started from the above photo. Then after a few clicks here and a few clicks there over at Picnik.com...I had a new header. It's going to take some getting used to I think. It's much "quieter" than my last header. It's muted...sepia to be exact. I've been tiring of the last header for a while now. And have wanted to change it. It's just that I am spending so much time online doing homework (OK, and let's be honest...pinning away on Pinterest!! Hey, sometimes a girl just needs to zone out and gather up inspiration.) that I haven't made the time to create a new header.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I was going for a "fall" look. But I'm not so convinced that I didn't just made something...brown. I'll sit with it for a while...

(*edit*...I went on ahead and made a color header. The sepia was just too boring. See? I mean, I like it...but....Oh I dunno...what do you think?)


I went to a women's gathering last night in San Francisco with some ladies from the small church we've been attending, C3 Fairfield. It was really nice...it was fun to spend time with some great girls! It's also nice to be getting back into church and ministry type stuff. I took quite a long break from church and church related things. But ya know...as I ease back in to attending church regularly and going to a women's bible study once a week, I'm realizing that I missed it. And that it's a good thing to be a part of a healthy church and a genuine group of believers. I will admit it's not easy getting back into it...complacency took root faster than I'd like to admit. But...I'm making my way back. Slowly...but surely. And it's good.

5 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I LOVE it!

Jennifer said...

your header is gorgeous. and yes, i like the color in it. just as much i love the original photo, but i love all your photos.

glad you had a nice time. i have been out of church for awhile now, partly because we've not been able to find the right sort and i'm tired of going in trying and then falling out, that and Sunday is the only weekend day i have with my girls.

but perhaps when the girls get older i'll find there is more time because i do miss that community of like minded people wanting to do good.

you've been so busy, i have never quite figured out how you do manage to do it all!

Anonymous said...

keep the current header. I like the color too. oh, i see jen said the same thing!!

i concur with her on the church thing too. i confess i have not been going. an internal battle for me for sure.

take care. i am going to blog about pininterest today too!

Nancy said...

love the new header. stick with it.

i hear you on the church front. some sundays it's easier than others to get moving and out of the house. some days i just want to stay home. i'm sure that has everything to do with working full-time and feeling like i never have enough time at home.

Erin Wallace said...

The header is lovely! I've been thinking of making a winter themed one but anything new does take some getting used to ;)