Friday, April 23, 2010

"on getting well"...


I received an email the other day...the subject was "on getting well". As a matter of fact, I received several emails the other day after I wrote the most recent Wednesday in the Word. And I just want to say thank you. Thank you for hearing me...for encouraging me...and most importantly, for sharing with me that you, too, are going through similar struggles.
Don't get me wrong. I don't wish struggles on anyone. I don't mean that in a "misery loves company" kind of way. What I do mean is that I am honored to be welcomed into your hearts and life. I am honored to be welcomed into your day to day...the good and the bad. I'm honored that God brought you into my lives...and me into yours. I'm honored that we've been given a heart connection that allows us to open up to one another.
I'm thankful that God brought this blog, of all crazy things, into my life. The Internet is a crazy thing...and hard to explain and understand. And it is full of awful, scary, unthinkable things. But...it is full of goodness, too. It is full of people, women, you, me...just trying to make our way through this life. It's full of kindred spirits longing to connect...to belong...to be heard.
I just want you to know that I hear you...and I pray for you. I want you to know that it is possible to "get well". It may seem impossible...or like the problems are too big...or have gone on too long...but with God all things are possible. Nothing is too big or too long-standing for Him...nothing. He's just waiting on you...waiting on you to want help. To want to get well.
I was told once that God is a perfect gentleman...He doesn't force Himself on anyone. He waits for an invitation. Invite Him in...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

perfectly said, the sweetest and most perfect truth :)