Tuesday, April 20, 2010

deep thought.

I have so much going through my mind these past couple of days. I'm really kind of stuck in my head...and not in a bad way. There's just stuff that I'm processing that I am unable to articulate yet. Does that make sense?
It's all whirling around in there...in my head, that is...swirling and tumbling...good things and bad things colliding with one another.
And I'm doing my best to filter it all. I'm doing my best to think on things...determine if they're good for me, or not...and if they are, continue to think on them and expand those thoughts.
If they're not good for me...I do my best to get rid of them. I think on them...only to take the lesson that I need from them if there is one...then I dump it out.
I'm trying not to dwell.
I'm trying to focus on the good things.
I'm realizing that there is a season for everything. And through a painful and amazing process I'm coming to the realization that a season of my life is over. It's a strange feeling. Like an awakening. Like my heart is suddenly open...and exposed. And it's OK.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

So true that everything has a season and no season lasts forever. Love that you're looking for the good.

Anonymous said...

wow. i am in this place right now. i have decided i can sit comfortably with my thoughts. live them. and for once, i don't feel the need to blog about them. it is a cool place.

christina said...

yes indeed, my friend, it is "OK".
XO

Sheryl said...

this would be why i have not posted on my blog since the 29th of march. WAY too much swirling through my head. sounds like you are the right track of processing it.

Momma T said...

Embracing the journey...Sounds healthy and rejuvenating.

WhiteStone said...

Sounds to me as if you are thinking very well. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

i feel like this all the time, even during sleep, i have a million things running through my head. it wears me out. I like what you said, you try not to dwell and if things are not good for you get rid of them. focus on the good and positive. good advice!

pinkpeppercorns said...

Such a gorgeous flower photo. I swear, I could almost smell it.

I always have so many things running through my head that I can never seem to slow or stop them. I need to practice meditation. Have you ever tried meditation? The few times I tried it, I found it incredibly challenging but soothing at the same time. Must get back to it. And I must one day attempt yoga.