Tuesday, December 1, 2009

regrouping.

OK...so it's no surprise that I've been a bit on edge lately. And if I'm honest, I've been pretty negative and whiny. Even I'm tired of hearing me. So before I go any further, I just want to thank you if you're even still here reading my whiny drivel.
Thank you.

{November egg tally: 60}

In light of recent events...life...challenges...etc....I've decided that today I'm going to stop. I'm going to reign myself in. I'm going to take it slow...and easy. I started by getting everyone out the door to their respective destinations. As I ran out the door to take Ian to school I grabbed my camera...just in case.
On my way home I decided to stop at a small park near our home. I grabbed my camera and took a stroll. I saw acorns and falling leaves...lichen and berries...squirrels and baby oaks. It was a nice quiet morning...well, until the three young moms with strollers showed up and started talking loudly about "so and so friending so and so on fb...oh barf...she's so fake...whatev...I can't even believe she is friends with her. That is SO WRONG.". One of them was so loud I could literally hear her from across the park.
Either way...it was a nice way to start the day. A warm scarf, warm sunshine, peaceful park, friendly people walking dogs and my camera.
Once home I made myself some oatmeal with apples, walnuts and dried cranberries. It was delicious. I made a few more cups of coffee...washed the dishes...got the dishwasher going...straightened the living room...gathered some laundry...swept floors...made beds...and nested a bit. It's exactly what the doctor ordered. Time to nest...to tidy...to prepare...to focus on home and caring for my family. I have to work tonight so I'm going to make something easy and good for them to pop in the oven for dinner. They'll be happy. One can only eat so many frozen burritos and corn dogs.
Next on the agenda? Paint old fence boards for snowmen. Finish first batch of chocolate truffles...my guinea pigs said they're delicious and candy box worthy. Fold blank note cards and go through photos to see which ones to make into cards to sell. Mom's coming over tomorrow afternoon to help me glue them on. Still deciding how to price stuff...tags? Stickers? Both? Probably.
Have a beautiful, blessed day. xo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

michelle, yours is the third blog today i've read where the author said that they stopped and went to some type of woods or park and tried to quiet their mind. i think that's pretty ironic.

honey, if that is a quiet day for you, i am green with what you get accomplished on a good day, wink, wink.

keep taking care of yourself.

p.s. and you can keep whining, that's what's great about blog friends, they don't roll their eyes, they just sigh and say, thank God it's not just me!

Anonymous said...

ditto everything she said : )

your awesome. love your nesting. I am doing the same thing today. love it. about to sit down with some brown rice and mixed greens : )

Michelle said...

Dearest Michelle, I thought of you when I found the website/blog.

http://www.abccreativity.com/guided-meditations/

You're doing an amazing job keeping yourself going in tough times and part of staying sane is self care. Maybe you'll find something on that site that clicks for you.

Kelly said...

Um, your expressing your feelings. Whining is what happens at my house thanks to the 5 year old who never stops complaining.

I am glad you were able to collect your thoughts today and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures you took.

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Being outside...submersed in nature does have a way to southe the soul. I need to do it more often myself.

:)Lisa

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I love how you see things, the good despite the circumstances. Thank you for that reminder.

I can't wait to see what you were able to capture while out and about.

Happy Wednesday Friend!

Nancy said...

This is your place. Whine away if you want. I'll listen as it is likely that I will be whining someday.

Love that you find comfort in nesting. I do too.

I had oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon this morning with a bit of half & half. Mmm.

Thomas said...

It's amazing how life can take a toll on you and before you know it, you're completely worn out. Or at least that's how I've been feeling lately. It's nice to stop and listen for a while...even if you have to block out the artificial world for a while. :)