Saturday, December 19, 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...finally! Boy, it sure took me long enough to find my holiday spirit.
But, find it, I did. And just in time.
"Mercury Glass" acorns adorn the fixture in the dining area...
...another bargain from Ballard Designs. A glittery Merry Christmas jazzes up a manzanita wreath that hangs year-round.
Sweet berry wreath on the back door.

Another little thing that makes me happy...nothing like walking into the kitchen and being greeted by a cheery berry wreath hanging on my back door!

We were so late in getting the tree up our poor kids didn't think we were going to even get one. Is that sad, or what?

But...I did get one. At Michael's. On sale. It came in a box. And is pre-lit. PRE-LIT. Did you hear me? Whoever invented pre-lit is a genius. And a very, very nice person. I'm sure of it.

Oh, and did I mention? It's only 4 feet tall. And sits atop an end table. And I have to say....even though it reminds Seth of "old people"...I am loving this dang little tree!

Speaking of love. I know we can't really love inanimate objects. BUT. If we could? I would totally love this little mouse. Oh my...

Is he not the cutest little mouse you've ever seen? And that glittery star? Be still my heart. Mom got him for me last year. He clips onto the branch...and yes, I love him.

Pretty glass bird ornament...

...looking so pretty in the shimmer of the lights.

This is the closest we'll get to snow in these parts.

And I have to say...it's just not the same. Good thing Mr. Snowman is cute...or we'd have issues.
And...wait...what's this?

Hmmm...do you think someone is excited for Christmas?!
Just a few more days, Ian...just a few more days.

13 comments:

Laura at By the Bushel said...

Very pretty! Love the ornaments from the chandelier. So festive!

WhiteStone said...

So pretty! Getting ready for Christmas is always fun.

Unknown said...

Michelle, I think we are going to have to start a "Blog Header Admiration Society"... I LOVE your new header!! (Loved the old one, too, but this is so totally cool, as my 11 year old would say.) And those ornaments hanging from your light fixture... gorgeous!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Thanks for giving us a peek into your home- I love seeing everyone's Christmas preparations!

Wren said...

I love the little mousie-pie! We finally got our tree up this weekend. Just in time for the snow. It was lovely.. Almost went with a table top tree too, but broke down and drug out the big one! Your place looks great Michelle!

Anonymous said...

you even decorated your blog! isn't funny how beautiful our ornaments are through our lens! it looks real good at your house. i love everything.

Kelly said...

I love all of your ornaments, that mouse is adorable, and glass bird so quaint, but the glowing face of a child peering at the tree is too precious for words, Merry Christmas Michelle! xoxo

Kelly said...

(P.S., love the new pear photo on the blog!)

Erin Wallace said...

Love your wreaths and ornaments - would love a few mercury glass acorns and some mousies to go with it!

Sorry for the tortorous post on Jeni's. But you can order some. It's expensive, but worth every penny!

Susan said...

pretty, pretty! I too love your new pear banner.

Nancy said...

i love it all ~ new banner, mercury glass acorns, wreaths, mouse. the little mouse reminds me of a christmas book i used to read to my girls each year, the christmas mouse. i'm going to have to revisit that ballard's design catalog...

Anonymous said...

Oh it took me along time to get decorations up too. And I love the new header...it's fun to change things up.
Annie

http://onceuponaparent.blogspot.com

Magnolia Handspun said...

The last image is priceless.

Such a pretty and joyful Christmas post.Your ornaments are so sweet and everything looks so great Michelle. I think I am following your lead next year...(I started too early this year so we fizzled in the middle somewhere)
-but after reading your post I'm feeling the holiday spirit again.