Thursday, April 5, 2012

thoughts.



I've got a lot of things floating around in this head o' mine...as usual. (I think I think too much.) And there are some things that I've been thinking about sharing here lately...

My own poetry, for one thing. I had to put together a portfolio for my final in Creative Writing last semester, which was a bit intimidating. But I ended up with about 10 poems or so by the time all was said and done. Who knew I was going to enjoy poetry so much? Not me, that's for sure. I always thought I didn't really care for poetry. I mean, there were a few poets that I could grasp, but for the most part I always found poetry to be sort of weird and cryptic. But during that class it all changed.

I also want to share my view on anti-depressants. I know it will be a sensitive subject...so I'm approaching it carefully. I've been formulating it in my head for weeks...and I have some pretty strong opinions about it...which I'm sure is no surprise to those of you who've been coming here for any length of time. Or to those of you who know me "in real life". (What does that mean, anyway? In real life. Like me sitting here typing an entry in my blog and then you reading it is NOT real? I dunno... Anyway...)

And there's more..but I can't pinpoint much of it. I feel like my head is so full. And it is...with thoughts of family and grandparents and life...and of course that ever elusive subject of time. (Yes. Still.)

It was funny...today I was talking to a coworker and out of the blue she said, "It's so weird, I've really been ruminating on death and dying a lot lately." We ended up getting into a quick discussion...about God and heaven and what that's all about and how I believe it all works. It was good...

Today was our Friday. We have tomorrow off and then of course we're off all of next week for spring break. Remember when it was called Easter Vacation? Yeah...me too.

Since I'm off for the next week and a half or so...I plan on cleaning and organizing the linen closet, my spice cabinet, my armoire and the laundry area. I also need to clean the chicken coop and get the garden ready for some veggie planting soon. In the middle of it all is a birthday celebration for my mom and I, a meeting with a friend, a meeting with the neighbor to get us started on college planning for Seth and, of course, some rest.

Anyway...that's about it. I think I'll share a poem tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous about it...something about putting it out there can make you feel very vulnerable. But that won't stop me. I've put it off long enough. Tomorrow I will be brave.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm looking forward to reading your poem and I hope you have a wonderful Easter break. :)

Denise said...

i love hearing people's thoughts on sensitive subjects and can't wait to read one of your poems!

Lara said...

Hey lady, I hope you guys can come to C3 for Easter Sunday! We are meeting at Rolling Hills Elementary in FField at 10am on Sunday. Also, let's get lunch again pronto!

Hugs

Camille said...

Thank you so much for stopping by at *my place* and for leaving a sweet and encouraging comment. It was a blessing to my heart. :)

Hmmm...poetry...I think it would be a lovely thing to share here.

I agree with your take on *real* life and *this* life...like they aren't both one and the same. Our blogs are where we share what is real...at least, I think so! What a blessing to make *real* friends this way too! :)

Have a wonderful Easter and break from the regular routines of life. Enjoy!

Blessings to you!
Camille