Saturday, March 3, 2012

the weekend.


Saturday already? Yesterday didn't seem like a Friday...it seemed more like a Thursday...ya think?

Either way...the weekend is here. We made Boboli pizzas for dinner last night and watched a couple of movies...Moneyball and Cowboys and Aliens. I went to bed halfway through the alien movie...I was dozing off in the chair so I figured I may as well go to bed. Moneyball was good...I enjoyed it. I'm not a Brad Pitt fan, really...but I liked him in this one.

We're headed to my brother's later for a birthday celebration for my dad. I'm making cake and salad. Dad requested my sister in law's fried catfish for his birthday dinner. I think mom is making fried rice...sounds like it's gonna be a good dinner!

I have a paper to write this weekend...as usual. Luckily I did all my quizzes and such earlier in the week...glad to have all of that out of the way. The other class I was signed up for was cancelled due to low ennrollment...and they weren't offering anything else that I needed. So I'm taking a term off by default. Not real crazy about that...but it is what it is. I'll get back on track in 8 weeks. The good news is that I was given credit for a class that I originally hadn't been given credit for. My advisor petitioned it for me and it worked! Gotta love that!

Okie doke...I suppose I should get my day going. Gotta bake that cake! Happy Saturday to you...what's on your calendar for today?

1 comment:

teekaroo said...

Our day started early with a wrestling tournament and then there was a birthday party. We thought about going out tonight, but we're all exhausted, so I think we'll go to bed early.