Monday, March 12, 2012

waiting on the rain.


It was supposed to rain yesterday...and today...but so far, nothing. It bums me out a little...

I stayed home today with a sick boy...Ian came down with a cough and sore throat Saturday night on the way home from the tournament and has been down for the count since. He was in bed or on the couch all day yesterday...and today he's done the same. He's been drinking lots of fluids though...if nothing else, I have pounded in the importance of hydration to these boys of mine. Between sports and sick beds, they know to drink, drink, drink.

It's weird having to call in "sick" for work. That's the one thing I don't like about being a working mother...that pull between work and home...the guilt of leaving the kids when they're sick...or having to leave people hanging at the job. I don't like that feeling at all. But today I knew I needed to be home with Ian so I just made the necessary calls and let myself be Dr. Mom today. No guilt.

The job is going well. I like my co-workers. And I like the kids that I work with. And I LOVE the school...there are so many nice, nice people there. It makes going to work a joy. Honestly. I feel blessed by that...not everyone can say the same, ya know?

Anyway...on that note...I'm going to get my boy some more juice and maybe a sandwich. He's feverish and achy...but he's still hungry! I think that's a good sign. (Oh...he just requested a smoothie. I think I can handle that.)

No comments: