Monday, January 27, 2014

the last minute quiche.



I made biscuits and gravy for dinner last night. Sausage from a tube and biscuits from a pop-open can. Yep. I sure did. Does it help that we had organic applesauce as a side? Yeah. I thought so, too.

As I was cooking up the sausage I realized there sure was an awful lot of it. Not to mention, the oven was already on from baking the biscuits. So I decided to multi-task and make myself a crust-less quiche for a few lunches this week.

I put the sausage in the bottom of a casserole, chopped up some mushrooms and spinach, sauteed them until wilted and added it to the sausage. Then I mixed up 4 eggs and about a cup of milk, a little salt and pepper and garlic powder and whatever cheeses I had leftover...some parmesan, some mozzarella and some Feta...and poured it over the sausage and veggies. I baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes and voila...lunch!

As a matter of fact, I had it for lunch today and it was tasty and satisfying.

Wanna make a crust-less quiche for your own dang self? This is the recipe I used for inspiration...and as usual, I didn't follow it exactly. Enjoy!


No comments: