Saturday, January 4, 2014

that one (elusive) word.



Maybe elusive isn't the right word. Maybe the problem with choosing one word for the year is that I am having a hard time committing to just one word...or more accurately, that word.

Maybe it's because, while the one word I am settled on is good, and necessary, there were other words on the chopping block that would be good and necessary in my life, too.

(Maybe my word should be indecisive. Jeez. I can't decide on a creative project. I can't decide on a menu plan. And now I can't decide on a word?)

Oh, I can decide on a word. I did decide on a word. I just don't like the word and therefore have had a hard time committing to it.

Although, the one word I finally did settle on (or that settled on me, dangit) and felt completely sure and confident that it was the exact right word for 2014 encompasses the other words I debated on...consistent, creative, present, mindful. If I live by the word that chose me it seems that all these other things will happen as a by-product. That's the hope, anyway.

All that being said and without further adieu...my word for 2014 is...productive. There. I said it.

If I am productive I will be consistent and creative and present and mindful in the process. Right?

So there it is...on the fourth day of January 2014...my word, finally.

Productive...let's see how I do. I'm off to a bit of a rough start!


No comments: