Sunday, February 10, 2013

easy for me to say...

Flickr loveliness...snow makes for some amazing photos.

I can't hardly drive in it. I've never shoveled it. And I walk like a chicken when I'm in it. But I still want to live someplace where it snows...someday.

Not a lot of snow. Just a little. Just to experience it. Just to be able to hunker down in a warm, cozy house and watch the flakes fall outside my window while something warm simmers on the stove or bakes in the oven and a fire flickers wildly in a wood-burning stove.

I know, I know...I make it sound so romantic. I'm sure some of you would beg to differ and probably even find me crazy for even considering living in snow. But I guess when you've lived someplace where winter lasts about 5 weeks and it only consists of rain and maybe a few frozen windshields here and there...

...well, I guess it does sound a bit romantic to live in the snow.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Last week we got just lovely little dustings every day, which kept it white. Just like you said, I've loved it, but now it's warm again and it's all muck.

I want a big old doozy of a snow though. I bought the girls sleds this year and they have yet to use them.

I so get it. I don't think I could live anywhere without the seasons.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

That sheep in the snow picture is so wonderful. This year and last our snow has been skimpy. I'm ready for a good, big snow- but then again, I don't have to go anywhere:-).

Denise said...

i say bring on the snow too!