Wednesday, July 2, 2014

the summer manifesto...making fun and interesting things a priority, too




A friend of mine put the whole idea of a manifesto perfectly when I fretted over the have-to's vs. the want-to's...this is how she put it , "It is not that I am not going to do those things - I will and do. It is about making the other things a priority too!" Yes. You nailed it, girlfriend.

So, that being said, here are some of the things I'm going to make a priority during my summer break...in the midst of life and the have-to's...
  • breathe deep
  • drink plenty of water
  • move my body
  • sit up straight
  • eat lots of fresh peaches
  • embrace the warmth of summer
  • read books (can you sense that other list coming?)
  • make gnocchi
  • use my camera
  • eat lots of greens
  • use my rotary cutter 
  • sew a t-shirt skirt (or 2, or 5 if it works out!)
  • make freezer jam
  • transplant the succulents 
  • send hand-written notes
  • meet a friend halfway
  • plant seeds for a winter garden

1 comment:

Denise said...

well, there you go!
that was easy, right? xoxo