Thursday, July 24, 2014

one week from today...


..I will be sitting at my desk, back at work, gearing up for this coming school year.

And I gotta tell ya, I have mixed feelings...

First of all, before you throw rotten fruit and veggies at me, you have to know I feel so blessed and so fortunate to have my job. I enjoy it. I feel like I'm pretty good at it. I work with great people. I love the student's. It's a great job, with lots of perks, one of them being a LOT of time OFF. I get weeks off during holidays, and weeks off during the summer...you can't beat that! I know it, and I'm grateful for it

The truth is...it's hard going back after all those lovely weeks off! But I am reminded every summer as I slack and laze about that I need structure in my life. So, back to work it is!

This year will be a bit different...I'll be working 40 hours per week as opposed to 35. I am really glad about this as the extra money will be nice. But it will take a little adjusting...figuring out quicker and easier meal ideas, getting chummy with my crock pot, narrow down grocery shopping to once a week rather than stopping every time I need something, little things like that.

Basically, I just need to get more organized. (My life story!)

So...the countdown begins. Over the next week we've got a mini getaway planned, when we get back I'll be getting ready for Ian to return (YES! Oh my gosh, do I ever miss that boy!!), I need to go jeans shopping for myself and I might even try and squeeze in a massage. I've had a gift certificate waiting for me to use it for too long.

One week...gonna make it a good one.

xo


2 comments:

fjord girl said...

Enjoy the rest of your time off Michelle- I guess the good news that you do love your job....and before you know it's Christmas break :)
Have a fun get away!

Pavonine Studios said...

I can hardly believe that they are already showing back to school ads on TV! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer honey...sounds like you have some adjustments to make in your schedule but I bet you will do JUST FINE. :))) Miss you on LJ....