Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday in the Word


Jeremiah 9:23-24

23 This is what the LORD says:

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
or the strong boast of their strength
or the rich boast of their riches,
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the LORD.

I don't know what to say about this scripture. It's not the one I had in mind to share this morning. But I know that God wanted me to read Jeremiah 9...and then share it with you. So...I opened up my bible and I read Jeremiah 9. And it was harsh. It's warning. It's rebuke. It's truth. I would recommend that you read it, too...because it's enlightening.

Bottom line? We need God. Always. We can't do this thing called life on our own. We can try. And we can succeed...for a time. Or at least we think we are succeeding. I thought I was. But when I look back I can see that doing things my way was not the right way.

I made a mess of things insisting that I do them my own way. I was not always right. My way was not always best. More often than not...I was way off course. And I was digging myself a deeper and deeper hole. Thank goodness He comes down into that pit to save us...

I still try to do things my way. I can be stubborn. But God, thankfully, always intervenes. And He reminds me that His ways are good...that He has my best interest at heart...that He loves me.

And He loves you, too. NO.MATTER.WHAT. 

3 comments:

Wren said...

Thank you for this today..
xo

Eliza J said...

We always try to do things "our" way.....it's very hard learning that we have to give in to His way and will, and our life will go much better. We trust our loved ones, we trust those who earn our trust. For all of us Christians who believe without seeing, we have to remind ourselves to "trust" Him, whom we do not see, but believe in. I'm heading for bed now and will read Jeremiah 9 ~ thanks so much for your uplifting words today.

Lisa Gallup said...

I love this post, Michelle!