Friday, April 8, 2011

Making a couple of changes.

I should be cleaning the side yard...or organizing the garage...or raking up 40 bajillion pecans in preparation for the backyard makeover.

But instead I've been making some changes around here at Give a Girl a Fig.

#1: I added sponsor and affiliate ad space. I made the decision, after prayer and careful consideration, to incorporate ad space and affiliate buttons in an effort to generate an income. I chose my affiliates based on things I like...and use...and want to use in the future. I chose my affiliates, and will do the same with sponsors, based on my lifestyle, my budget and my beliefs. When you click on an ad button, and go to that site and make a purchase, I will receive a commission from that sale. Thank you in advance for your support.

#2: I added a navigation bar along the top of the blog. Several of the links are up and ready and several of them are still under construction. Thank you for your patience as I continue to make these changes.

#3: I will be focusing regularly on a few things in the future. The Preparedness Challenge is one of them...Human Trafficking is another. And of course Wednesday in the Word will still be a weekly post. There are a few other things I am still considering..but for now, these are things you can count on seeing at Give a Girl a Fig.

I spend a lot of time here...writing, commenting, sharing. I love blogging. I love getting to know all of you. I love reading what you have to say. I am excited about the changes...and I'm excited at what I believe God is doing in all of it. I believe that God prompted me to start Give a Girl a Fig several years ago (I'll be sharing that story soon)...and He prompted me to create Wednesday in the Word. He's allowing me this space to share my life and His truth. I pray that my efforts glorify Him...

4 comments:

Mari said...

Yeah for you and for being so creative. Wish I had that in me!!
Hope it's a huge success for you.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love it!! and way to go with all that HTML!! you are my hero :)

Eliza J said...

I'm so glad that you are expanding and building on what you have going already. I love checking in with you and getting "renewed". Remember, if He leads you to it, He will see you through it. Great job Michelle!

Savories of life said...

Love all your chicken pictures!!!!!!!1 Check me out.