Thursday, July 18, 2013

2 more weeks.


lazy girls...

  • I've got two weeks left of my summer vacation. So far it's been good...and (somewhat) productive. 
  • I have gotten into the habit of sleeping in...well, "sleeping in" for me is 7am...sometimes 7:30 if need be. But anything later than 8am and I feel like half my day is gone. 
  • The garden is kinda lame this year. The tomatoes are producing a little...but the zucchini? Nada. One plant got one flower and then it died. What's up with that?
  • And the chickens? One or two eggs a day. That's it. 4 chickens. And one or two eggs? That's not adding up. It's time to think about what I want to do...get more chickens and continue chicken keeping? Or give them away to a nice little farm somewhere and just buy the dang eggs. I'll keep you posted...
  • I stopped biting my nails. It'll be a week tomorrow. 
  • I've been doing some sort of exercise every day for a week and a half...mainly walks but I've also done yoga a few times. It feels good. I feel good. And accomplished. 
  • I found my cooking mo-jo again...nothing fancy, but there's food on the table and my family isn't constantly having to forage in the kitchen for sustenance.
  • I still have no artwork on my walls since taking everything down to paint. I don't want to hang things just to hang things. I am being selective with what I bring into this small, small space.
  • My oldest son is heading off to college soon. Some days I am better with that fact than others.
  • My youngest son completed his driver's ed training and will soon have his permit. Are we ever ready for any of this?


All in all life is good. As I list these things out, the accomplishments and the challenges...I can see that no matter what, no matter what I do or don't get done in a day...I am blessed. I am blessed to have two amazing sons and a very hard-working husband. I am blessed to have a really good job to return to in two weeks. I am blessed with the ability to grow a garden and care for chickens. I am blessed with time...time to rest and rejuvenate and learn to take care of myself. I am blessed with a home and food and options

I am blessed...in all things, all the time. 

And I am thankful.


3 comments:

rhondajo said...

My garden has been lame for a couple of years now. I blame it on having no bees. Congratulations on not biting your nails. I will add you to my prayer list. I also pray for my "baby" sister to stop biting her nails. She has been biting them down to the quick all of her life. She did stop for several weeks last year when she knew she had to go in for a job interview, and then after she landed the job, she started biting them again. Blessings!!!

Denise said...

I like you list. Enjoy your two weeks. Balance right :)

I know what you mean about the chickens - my have yet to start laying!! They need to earn their keep.

Have a good weekend!!

Angela said...

Keep the chickens, buy one more or two. There are times when they produce, then you can get a dozen or so of eggs in the grocery store but at least you are not buying all of your eggs there. That is my two cents if they are worth a cent . You have a lovely blog. Hope you continue to blog.