- I've got two weeks left of my summer vacation. So far it's been good...and (somewhat) productive.
- I have gotten into the habit of sleeping in...well, "sleeping in" for me is 7am...sometimes 7:30 if need be. But anything later than 8am and I feel like half my day is gone.
- The garden is kinda lame this year. The tomatoes are producing a little...but the zucchini? Nada. One plant got one flower and then it died. What's up with that?
- And the chickens? One or two eggs a day. That's it. 4 chickens. And one or two eggs? That's not adding up. It's time to think about what I want to do...get more chickens and continue chicken keeping? Or give them away to a nice little farm somewhere and just buy the dang eggs. I'll keep you posted...
- I stopped biting my nails. It'll be a week tomorrow.
- I've been doing some sort of exercise every day for a week and a half...mainly walks but I've also done yoga a few times. It feels good. I feel good. And accomplished.
- I found my cooking mo-jo again...nothing fancy, but there's food on the table and my family isn't constantly having to forage in the kitchen for sustenance.
- I still have no artwork on my walls since taking everything down to paint. I don't want to hang things just to hang things. I am being selective with what I bring into this small, small space.
- My oldest son is heading off to college soon. Some days I am better with that fact than others.
- My youngest son completed his driver's ed training and will soon have his permit. Are we ever ready for any of this?
All in all life is good. As I list these things out, the accomplishments and the challenges...I can see that no matter what, no matter what I do or don't get done in a day...I am blessed. I am blessed to have two amazing sons and a very hard-working husband. I am blessed to have a really good job to return to in two weeks. I am blessed with the ability to grow a garden and care for chickens. I am blessed with time...time to rest and rejuvenate and learn to take care of myself. I am blessed with a home and food and options.
I am blessed...in all things, all the time.
And I am thankful.