Friday, December 27, 2013

close to home.



Now that the holiday is over it's time to take a breather. I am taking it slow and keeping things low-key today. It's necessary...for me, anyway. I always feel like I need time to regroup and recharge after a flurry of activity...and Christmas is definitely a flurry.

So I'll be sticking close to home today...making a list of things I'd like to get done before returning to work on the 6th of January 2014 (say what? A New Year already?)

Speaking of 2014...I got to thinking this morning about my word for the new year. That one word that will set the tone for the coming year. Nothing has come to mind...yet. So I'll be thinking and praying on that over the next few days...I'm sure God will make it clear to me. I looked back on last year's word...listen...and realized that I did listen in many ways. And...I didn't listen in other ways. (And I had forgotten what my word even was!) But...that's OK. That's life, I suppose. Something is better than nothing.

Yeah...I feel some lists coming on today...lists, lists, lists. Love them. Need them. I think I'll get my little dollar store calendar organized and ready to use...meal plans, bill due dates, appointments, etc. It's not pretty (at all)...but it'll work. Sometimes function over form is best...for me, anyway. (I came to this same conclusion last year.) I can get so carried away thinking about and researching and planning to make something pretty and useful and stressing over all of the choices that I end up not doing it at all...and what good is that?

So? Functional it is. An inexpensive, journal-style, month-at-a-glance calendar, sticky notes, binder clips and a good pen...for an office supply nerd like myself, it's actually a perfect combo. ;) Maybe I can personalize it a bit with some handmade envelopes like these to hold receipts and coupons and such. Or maybe use ready made envelopes in a creative way.

What's on your agenda today? Are you busy, busy, busy? Or taking it easy? Either way...I pray you have a blessed day. xo


1 comment:

Corinne said...

Bless you, Michelle...! I am a reader of your bog, but never left a comment...thank you for your honesty your authenticity...!! I love reading and thinking and calming down when I read your blog!! You are more effective than you know!! Enjoy the holiday with your dear sons and hubby, and I shall look forward to your words in the New Year...!!