Sunday, January 20, 2013

a good Sunday...





Today has been good...

Tackled paperwork that needed tackling...finally.

Tackled the laundry pile...again.

Tackled a new recipe...it wasn't bad.

Tackled my messy bedroom...it's better than it was.

Tackled the grocery list...should be good until the end of the week.

Tackled two games of Scrabble with my boy...we each won one.

Why do I keep using the word "tackled"? I must have watched two too many playoff games today! I'm actually looking forward to the Super Bowl. I'm not a huge football fan. I prefer baseball, by far. (San Francisco Giants in case you were wondering.) But I do enjoy the Super Bowl...and now that a local team is in it? Even more exciting!

In other news...it's a three-day weekend. One more day to sleep in...I'm liking that. I've got a whole chicken defrosting for tomorrow's dinner. I'll make mashed potatoes to go along with it and more than likely some gravy. (What are mashed potatoes without gravy, I ask?)

I will also make a side of haricot vert (french for green beans). I like to buy them frozen from Trader Joe's. My friend Darcy turned me on to them and now they are a favorite. Boiled until just tender-crisp then seasoned with melted butter and a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic powder if I feel like it. Mm mm mm...perfection.


2 comments:

Wren said...

Sounds like you got a lot done! Enjoy your chic!

Denise said...

I have not even a clue what a haricot vert is! happy day off for you.