Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday.


It's beautiful out today...finally a chill in the air. We spent all of yesterday in a gymnasium watching Ian's wrestling tournament. It was dark when we finally got home...

Today we are all taking it very easy...a nice slow morning of sipping coffee, watching football and thinking... about dinner (pork stew I think...) and homework (I am late with some of it...) and work (it's been interesting...) and Ian's birthday on Tuesday (still have some shopping to do...) and my art class that starts Wednesday (I need a TON of art supplies...)...it's no wonder my anxiety is rearing it's ugly head, eh?

In my dream last night I was in class and one of the students stood up and said, "Psalm 118:6-9." Just like that. That was it. I woke up right after, went to the bathroom then wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. When I got up this morning I read it...

5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD;
   he brought me into a spacious place.
6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
   What can human beings do to me?
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
   I look in triumph on my enemies.
 8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in human beings.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in princes.

I included verse 5 just now, too...because it spoke to me. Probably because I am feeling hard-pressed lately. So this is a word from the Lord...a promise...to me. That He will bring me into a spacious place...a place that's easy to breathe. It's a promise that He is my helper...He is my refuge...therefore I will not be afraid.

Sometimes I am just so blown away by God...and His ability to speak to us...through the bible, through people, through songs, through dreams. He's always there. All we have to do is listen.

On a lighter note...we are letting Seth drive Ian to the mall this afternoon. What!? I know! My babies...in a car...together...on a freeway! I'm taking deep breaths...

I suppose I've procrastinated the ol' homework situation long enough. Time to "hit the books" as they say...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more affirming that when He speaks...and we begin to listen!

Thank you for sharing...

Maria

Anonymous said...

wow. that's cra...

(have you had the pleasure of hearing that song? - just curious)

otherwise.

wow. that is crazy!! (and very cool)


now, get your homework done or no dinner for you!