Thursday, May 19, 2011

through.


hydrangea and azalea...soon to be a part of our backyard border.
God and I are working on things. My mind is consumed with this process. I wish I could just snap my fingers and be done with it. But...that's not how God does things. He doesn't allow us to go around things...or under...or over. He has us go through things. Going through things is the only way we can learn...and strengthen...and grow. And the best part? He walks through right along with us...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God.
Isaiah 43:1-3
 
At times it feels as if we're wrestling this whole thing out, me and God...like He did with Jacob. (Genesis 32 if you want to read it.) Jacob was wrestling for a blessing...I'm wrestling for a different reason. And it's not the right reason. I need to think more like Jacob...I need to fight for that blessing...not to hang onto things I do not need in my life. I'm afraid If I don't get a grip on this situation...and lay this all down at His feet...He just might let me have my way. He just might let me hold onto it all.

I don't want to hold onto it all.

So I'm going through it. And He's going through it with me. We might stop to wrestle a bit here and there. I might come out with a limp. But we're going through it...me and God...together.

Your path led through the sea,
your way through the mighty waters,
though your footprints were not seen.
Psalm 77:19
 
Maybe it doesn't feel like He's there.
Maybe I can't see His footprints.
Maybe I can't see Him, or hear Him, or feel Him, sometimes.
But I know He's there. 
I know He is.
Always.
 
Thank you, God. Thank you for never leaving me, nor forsaking me.
Thank you for preparing my path...for keeping me from drowning.
Thank you for loving me...and getting me through.
I wouldn't want to do it without You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. You encourage me with my 'rasslin as well. Thank you for writing about how it goes. It helps others, too.

Shannon said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Eliza J said...

He never does leave you....YOU are HIS CHILD! No one ever said life would be easy, and it certainly isn't. "Trust in Him" always...He will be with you ~ He is with you!

Beverley Baird said...

Lovely, thoughtful post!
I just received your postcard yesaterday. Thanks so much for it! A llovely gift! have a wonderful weekend!