Tuesday, May 10, 2011

nothing in particular, really...

herbs in the garden...survived the winter...and the chickens.
I have a nice list of to-dos today...Costco, pay bills, plant succulents that I didn't plant yesterday, wash bedding and make beds. (Or maybe just my own bed and the boys can make their own! I like that idea better.)

I want to make a stop by the thrift store later this afternoon...drop off a small box of donations...then drive around, park my car, go inside and see what treasures I can't live without. What? I figure as long as I donate more than I buy then I'm still ahead of the clutter game. Don't worry...I watch Hoarders...I am leaving a path. (Kidding!)

I am eating an English muffin with peanut butter and jelly for breakfast. I thought I'd have an egg and toast...but there was one, teensy little serving of jam in the bottom of the jar...a teensy serving I couldn't see putting back in the fridge, and a serving I couldn't see wasting. So...I changed my breakfast plans to include that teensy little bit of jam...and it was quite tasty.

Um...what else? Hmm...Seth has his last baseball game of the season this afternoon. That'll keep us busy until after 6pm. I think we'll have biscuits and gravy for dinner again...that is one of the quickest meals to cook ever. No...not the healthiest. But it's good...it's quick...it's ready in about 15 minutes...and my family likes it.

I am on the sub list for our school district...not as a teacher but to fill in for clerical positions. One of those positions is the Health Clerk...aka school nurse. I got a call yesterday to sub tomorrow, Wednesday, through Monday at an elementary school. I subbed last Friday as the Health Clerk at another elementary school and it was hilarious. Little kids are a riot. I never saw so many bumped heads. Luckily none of them needed surgery. ;)

Anyway...it's not a bad gig...the hours are great...10:30-2:15. The only bummer is that I'm scheduled to work at the book store Thursday and Friday night at 5:30 until closing...so I'll be doubling up on those days. But that's OK...work is work. I am grateful for the bit of income.

I got up a bit early this morning for some quiet time with God and some prayer journaling.
God gave me Colossians 3:12-15...
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Alrighty...better get going on that list of to-do's...

What's on your to-do list today?

1 comment:

teekaroo said...

I'm trying to get some paperwork done and it's just not flowing. It could have something to do with the screaming children running around me. I think I'll try again when the boy is gone to school and a little of the craziness is gone.

I had to laugh at the thrift store comment. My mom is often guilty of taking a huge load and then coming back with just as much. You just never know what treasures are there.