Monday, May 24, 2010

Belgium Update!

Before we talk about Belgium I just have to tell you I sent my son, Ian, off to 6th grade camp this morning! My baby was loaded down with about a 200 lb. suitcase, a sleeping bag and pillow and a backpack! He was really excited and I know he's going to have a blast...but it's so weird not having him here. I miss him...and it's only been what...? 8 hours? It's going to be a long week.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
OK...so...the Belgium Update! Belgium is coming right along...we're purchasing our tickets this month and I have almost enough for it! God is so good...He provided the means to do this through many of YOU. Thank you so much for taking part in this with me. Really...it's been amazing to know that you are pulling for me and praying for me and supporting me. It's humbling...and blesses me beyond belief to know that you've got my back. Thank you...
Did you know that Giving is a spiritual gift? It is. It's defined as "to share what material resources you have with liberality and cheerfulness without thought of return." Isn't that beautiful? And that's exactly what many of you have done...given liberally and cheerfully for the good of the Kingdom. Be confident in knowing that someone out there will be helped and encouraged because of your generosity. You can find out more information about spiritual gifts here. There's also a test you can take to see what your particular gifts are...you may be surprised!

OK...so God has already blessed me in amazing ways by providing just about all of what I need for my airline ticket and I haven't even sent out one single donation request letter yet! They (whoever they are) say that the most important thing to do when getting ready to go on a mission trip or a ministry trip is to get your donation letter sent out...pronto. I mean, you need a way to pay for it all, right? It makes sense. But for whatever reason I just never felt a sense of urgency to get my letter out...let alone written! So I didn't write it for a long time...and guess what? It was OK! Because before I knew it, God had provided almost the entire amount to pay for my ticket without sending out a single letter. Is that AWESOME? Oh my gosh...it's miraculous and blows me away. Seriously...God is really showing me that His hand is in the ministry trip in every way. He's also showing me that He is my Provider...and He is making the way...you know? It's also a reminder that this is all about Him...not me, not Belgium, not money...but about Him. Unbelievable...thank you, God.

And thank YOU for allowing God to use you.

So I've almost got my ticket paid for...now I just need to gather enough for food and hotel and other necessities while I'm there. I will be sending out the Donation request letters this coming week to family and friends as well as keeping the Donate button on my blog in case anyone would like to contribute through Paypal. And please continue to pray for me...and for the team...that we would be obedient to God and follow His will to a tee in this endeavor.

As my beautiful friend Christina would say...One Love. We're all in this together...xo

7 comments:

Kelly Cook said...

He is amazing! It's good to read how He is providing for your trip needs. When do you go??

You Can Call Me Jane said...

God is good indeed. Thanks for the update. You know we're all going with you to Belgium, right? Maybe not physically, but in Spirit and in prayer:-).

It's me ...Mavis said...

Dear Mrs. Fig,
Kashi bars travel VERY well. Best wishes!

Kelly said...

That is great news!

Shayla said...

YAY!! That's exciting :)

Our God is so Awesome :)

!!!!


Thank You for the comment! Yes, I LOVE his smile as I am approaching as well, I'm hoping the photographers got a good shot of it, I am so blessed to be so greatly loved by my husband :)

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy things are going well and you have been so blessed! i will continue to pray for your trip and team.

Irvina said...

Yes God is good! He is faithful!