Friday, December 30, 2011

oh...hey...hi there.

my kitchen the other morning.
Man time sure does fly...it's been almost a week since I've written. Time is whizzing by...and I have to say I don't like it. I really don't.

* * * * * * * * *

I went to the thrift store today to make a donation. And as I always do after unloading the back of the car I drove around the front of the store, parked the car, and went inside to see what treasures I couldn't live without. I found a large Ball jar with a cream lid and a cookbook from 1965 called Wild in the Kitchen. Three bucks later and I had myself a few new treasures.

While I was there I popped my head into the back room to say hi to my favorite employee there...Miss Francine. She gardens and cans, too. (And reads my blog! Hi Francine!) As a matter of fact, when I was in the market for a canner she set aside a good one for me at the thrift store. That was so nice of her. Thanks, Francine!

* * * * * * * * *

So...2012 is just around the corner...is that crazy or what? I don't feel ready for it...not like I was for 2011. I was ready for 2011. But 2012 is sneaking up on me...catching me off guard...throwing me for a loop. But since there's nothing I can do about it...may as well gear up, right?

Last year, like so many others, I chose a word (words, actually)for the year. The words I chose were: Do Brave. And even though I sat on my butt was stagnant for a good portion of 2011, I'll give myself some credit and say I was also Brave in that when I set my mind to it I got it together, got a job and signed up for school and really committed to finishing up my education. I'd say that took a little bit of bravery.

So now 2012 is just about here. And I'm wanting to choose another word. A few have popped into my head...but I'm still thinking on it. What about you? Have you chosen a word for 2012? Care to share?

* * * * * * * * *

Oh! And how about a birthday shout out to my uncle Dave and his lovely sister, my kindred spirit, Linda. Brother and sister born on the same day a year apart....how cool is that?
Happy Birthday you guys! I hope it was wonderful. xo

And now...in the famous words of Napoleon Dynamite's brother, Kip...peath out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! I was just on flickr looking at these pictures.

good to hear from you. i am at odds with 2011 coming to an end so quickly. seriously,

where did the year go?

you were incredbily brave this year. so proud of you.

Lisa Gallup said...

My word is "listen". My intent is to daily BE STILL and LISTEN to what God wants me to do....with women's ministry at church...with my art and journals...with my home. I also am and will continue to really listen to and HEAR Sami. Looking forward to 2012!! :D

christina said...

hello friend!
happy new year!!
my word is, sail.

i loved hearing about your trip to the thrift store.
smile
xo