Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday in the Word

the church we attend...established over
100 years ago.

* * * * *
Revelation 22:6

[ John and the Angel ] The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true.
The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the
things that must soon take place.”

I have been thinking about inspiration lately. Mainly because I have none. I haven't taken pictures in months. Oh sure, I've taken a few here and there...but nothing to write home about. And I've realizeds lately that this blog...my writing...relies on my photos for inspiration. I take pictures...I find a few to share with you...and then a story evolves.

But...when there are no photos...it seems there are no words. No inspiration.

Last night I was looking through some favorites at flickr. (for hours it seemed...) And I began to feel inspired.

I realized how badly I've missed my camera...and words. How much I've missed finding the beauty in the everyday. I've been praying...asking for direction...for clarity...and for inspiration. But it's still quiet around here...in my heart...and in my soul. Quiet. And still. Still.

The theme, it seems, is wait. Wait. And be still.

I'm doing my best...my best to enjoy this time, this process. Patience is a virtue...one I don't feel that I have. But...according to God's word, if I have the Holy Spirit then I have His gifts. And one of those gifts is...patience. It's in me...I just need to exercise it. Dig it out from beneath the hustle and the bustle and the noise that is constantly clanging in my mind. The noise of the "shoulds"...the expectations of others...the opinions of others...what they think I should do with my life...noise.

In the meantime...I'm going to dust off my camera and see what I see. Maybe it will lead to something...

3 comments:

Conny said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'm sure you will "see" wonderful things through your camera lens ~ you have great talent and a good eye. Have a wonderful time these weeks. Cheers~

Scrapiana said...

Thank you for your gift of favouriting (is that a word?) one of my pictures on Flickr. This took me to your beautiful pictures and now your equally beautiful thoughts here. I can't wait until you're inspired to find more images and blog again. These things have their seasons. Dry seasons are hard, I know. Keep the faith.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

hello there,
lovely thoughtful post.
Your beautiful church reminds me of the one my grandpa and great grandparents attended in Stoddard , New Hampshire. There were steeples and two doors. When we stood in front of it, I asked my cousin why two doors? (Like a duplex). One for the ladies to enter and one for the gents, she told me. Goodness!
happy new year
xx
julie