Friday, December 10, 2010

random.

This is a random photo of my sons book shelf that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm about to ramble on about. Because today has turned into a random day. I had a meeting scheduled for this morning that got cancelled....and suddenly I didn't know what to do with myself. I was already showered and dressed...the dishwasher was loaded and ready to run while I was gone...email was caught up and dinner was planned. For whatever reason it threw me completely off!

So instead I baked a batch of muffins. I found a recipe, decided to double it, decided to lessen the sugar and add oil and applesauce rather than butter, made a streusel, lessened the sugar...and now I have double the amount of mediocre muffins. I should have left the sugar amount alone...  This is probably one of the main reasons I haven't baked much in my life. But...I'm trying to change that. And I figure the more I do it, the better my experiments will get and eventually I will land on a recipe that is a keeper!

Luckily for me...muffins, no matter the amount of sugar, will always get eaten in this house.

Next on the agenda...the bank, the grocery store and a visit with my friend.

xo

2 comments:

Conny said...

Sounds like a wonderful day in store. Most baking "experiments" are edible ~ that's how it goes at my house too. Enjoy you're weekend. Cheers~

Mavis said...

My son has the same glasses... :)